Re: [Wash Post] The WAP backlash continues...

From: Reza B'Far (rbfar@ebuilt.com)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 10:35:22 PDT

While I agree, we have been (at eBuilt) looking at "families" of devices.
It seems like you can stream line the XSL creation process by assigning one
XSL to a family of devices.

That way, you actually can create a finite set of XSL's and support multiple
devices by picking which XSL to use at run time. You can also
"pre-generate" all the content whose only dynamic content is encapsulated in
the XSL (the content which doesn't have CGI, servlet, ASP stuf, etc.)....

We've actually been working on a white paper on this and would love to send
it to you for comments prior to publication for comments from those who may
be interested.