RE: Are Dark Clouds Gathering Over Cisco?

From: Ian Andrew Bell (chimp@ianbell.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 01:51:44 PDT

Sold at 68, baby.

"Realized their peak" to me means top value per share. But those are
pretty bold and strong words. If you soften them and assume that "realized
their peak" refers to growth and not absolute value, then you're still
talking some very inhibiting factors for Cisco's business practises.

My only point is that the foundation of everything that has made Cisco
successful is the potential for the extraction of unrealized value down the
road.

Take away that potential, and/or spread a meme which solidly criticizes
that potential, and the whole thing (in Cisco's case in particular) will
start to unravel. Why? You're taking away the prime incentive of
employees, and you're taking away the ability to easily and cheaply acquire
new products, market share, and people thru acquisition.

-Ian.

604.306.3615 http://ian.cafe.net