RE: [Wash Post] The WAP backlash continues...

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol (gtn@ebt.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 10:54:14 PDT

> While I agree, we have been (at eBuilt) looking at "families" of devices.
> It seems like you can stream line the XSL creation process by
> assigning one XSL to a family of devices.

You can do better than that too. Essentially, a document produced
by a stylesheet applied to an XML document is the same as a
transformation function applied to the document. If you regard
the headers, devices etc. as part of the "environment" in which
the function is applied, a methodology for parameterizing
stylesheets is pretty obvious.

We used to do IE,NS,Palm,PDF demos years ago.