RE: More math and open source

From: Jeff Barr (jeff@vertexdev.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 04:56:39 PDT

Hmmmm....

These are theoretical rankings. Having never run or even really
participated in an open source project I don't know just how much
input comes from different categories of users.

But my scale is based on how much is allowed as much as how much
actually takes place.

As far as forks, from what I can tell they are actually few and
far between and usually occur after a public and highly acerbic
debate regarding alternative futures (hmmm, a particular
syndication format comes to mind). I do not think that the
decision to fork is taken lightly by any of the particpants.

Jeff;

Jeff Barr - Home: 425-836-5624 Office: 425-936-3098
mailto:jeff@vertexdev.com
http://www.vertexdev.com/~jeff
http://jeffbarr.editthispage.com/
4610 191st Place NE. Redmond, WA