Re: Re: Too Scary...

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 10:57:21 PDT

It's funny that you say Mandrake is more up to date than Red Hat. Not
starting a flavor war here, but Mandrake takes RH's beta, wraps their
installer around it, does a big s/Red Hat/Mandrake on the whole shebang
and ships it out the door before Red Hat's release. Complete with the
bugs from RH's betas...I've heard a lot of people say that the Mandrake
installs are cooler than Red Hat's, and that it even installs on some
hardware that RH doesn't, but it's not more up to date. However, having
worked at RH and seen the conditions their techs work under, it won't
surprise me to see that product go straight to hell. (:
Still jaded and horrified of corporations,

 "A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity."
          -- Robert Frost