Re: minimalist philosophy for jb

From: Ernest N. Prabhakar (
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 20:41:10 PDT

I actually had a long philosophical conversation about this (in a bed in a
Palo Alto hotel, oddly enough, though its not what you think :-). The
problem I have with that philosophy is that it offers no guidance on how to
reconcile "party on" with "being excellent." The former tends towards
selfish-indulgence, and the latter to self-denial.

The conclusion I drew was that "Love your neighbor as yourself" actually
-did- resolve the paradox, by stating that way to benefit yourself was to
benefit others. Thus proving Jesus superior to Bill & Ted. :=)

on 9/20/00 12:08 PM, Jeff Bone at wrote:

> I tried that out with a client last night, and I'm not a happy camper
> today. ;-)
> jb
> Dave Long wrote:
>> my friends, "party on"