Re: minimalist philosophy for jb

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 21:18:06 PDT

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Ernest N. Prabhakar wrote:

--]I actually had a long philosophical conversation about this (in a bed in a
--]Palo Alto hotel, oddly enough, though its not what you think :-). The
--]problem I have with that philosophy is that it offers no guidance on how to
--]reconcile "party on" with "being excellent." The former tends towards
--]selfish-indulgence, and the latter to self-denial.
--]

Jesus was also of a mind to say "party on". Often in fact. Some of his
more profound quotes are froma wedding party he was at. It was there he
compared the bride and groom to man and woman and heven as the eternal
party.

So while your mudane teaching my gloss over it lets not forget jesus was a
young man with god as his father and all of mankind to save and still he
found that a good party and being exclent to each other was the thing in
itself. It took another 2000 years until we got someone even close to
that, and while I think DL Roth is close he just falls short of JC.

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org