RE: XParc's Report on Gnutella

From: Damien Morton (Morton@dennisinter.com)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 02:45:50 PDT

Wonder why Napster doesnt need that 'Balance'?

Apart from the fact that the searches are centralised.

Coud it be that Gnutella sucks as a search engine?

I mean, no information of any kind except the file name.

Id wager that the reason why there are so many freeloaders on Gnutella is
that the lower quality experience attracts a different quality of individual
to it.

If Gnutella offered a slick interface and decent searching, Im sure youd see
more people putting their collections online.