Re: Software directions to ponder over...

From: Jeff Bone (jgbone@excite.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 08:37:51 PDT

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:33:16 +0200 (MET DST), Robert Harley wrote:

> Ramjee writes:
> >Dunno whether any of you have seen this. #5, 8 and 14,
> >especially are thought provoking...
>
> No offense intended, but it seems like a load of bull to me.
>
> Case in point:
>
> >8. Are there software particles more fundamental than objects?
>
> WTF is a "software particle". Since when are objects "fundamental"?

But of course --- there is a "String Theory" of software, everything in the
bitworld is ultimately reduceable to strings. Even further: Strings are
made of Bits, making Bit Theory the sort of M-Theory.

;-)

Er, you know, it wasn't even really entertaining enough to go that far.

jb

The Hardest Working Man in Software Comedy

> Some lamer took a course in programming and thinks he's grokked the
> whole shebang.
>
> Is it September again already?

God, yes. You haven't noticed USENET yet?

> Rob.

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html