Re: Introduction of the Music Owners Listening Rights Act of 2000

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 09:54:13 PDT

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Tom Whore wrote:

> http://www.house.gov/boucher/docs/molra.htm
>

> Floor Statement of Congressman Rick Boucher Introduction of the Music
> Owners Listening Rights Act of 2000
> September 25, 2000
>

> I am pleased to join with my colleagues, Representatives Burr, LaHood and
> Upton, in the introduction of legislation to reform our copyright laws so
> that individual consumers can store their own music on an Internet site
> and gain quick access to it anytime they choose, from anywhere they
> choose.

An mp3.com bill.. oh joy... cha-ching for them

Reading this it sounds narrow... is my portable mp3 player legal, how
about taping a CD... doesn't sound like this helps...
They need to take the word "internet" completely out of this thing and
make listening to music i own legal ANY way i want to listen.

But it's good for reelection campain ass kissing.

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg - beberg@mithral.com
  CTO, Mithral Communications & Design Inc.
  Home of the Cosm Project
  http://www.mithral.com/