Le Planet Avec le Apes

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 12:32:42 PDT

(This story makes me imagine a clockwork orangish style setting cum tarzan
meets west side story tack mixed in with a few choice cuts from Battle of
the planetof the apes.

To all our frenchforkers...gifs gifs gifs)

http://www.guardianunlimited.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,373695,00.html

"With pitbulls, dobermans and rottweilers under fire from the French
authorities, youth gangs in the depressed city suburbs have discovered an
alternative way to intimidate their rivals - with attack monkeys.

"They're ultra-fashionable," said Didier Lecourbe, a police officer from
the depressed Paris suburb of Aubervilliers. "There are dozens of them.
Kids take them out on leads, and even carry baby monkeys around in
nappies. But these animals can be very dangerous indeed."

 Imported illegally through Spain from Gibraltar, Morocco or Algeria, the
Barbary apes are known for their powerful limbs, sharp teeth and short
tempers. Veterinary experts say they can be turned into frightening and
effective weapons.

"They live naturally on rocks or in a desert environment," said
Marie-Claude Bomsel of the natural history museum in Paris. "Removed from
their natural habitat, they can become highly aggressive. They bite, and
their favoured method of attack is to hurl themselves at people's heads."

    [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]