Re: XML / XSL vs. [x]HTML / WML / etc. etc.

From: Bill Humphries (bill@whump.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 18:43:15 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert S. Thau <rst@ai.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: XML / XSL vs. [x]HTML / WML / etc. etc.

> Well, there's setext (structured enhanced text) ---
> http://www.bsdi.com/setext/

I've been kicking around a perverted little idea of writing an Xalan
extension which takes a text node marked up in one of the alternative markup
languages such as setext, bare bones markup language, and Clay Basket and
munges it into a well-formed XHTML fragment.

I admit half the fun of doing this would be because it's a way of
confronting Jorn Barger's complaints about XML/SGML for marking up prose
text.

-- whump (I yank the Web through the eye of a needle, ooh, what a mess.)