Re: Introduction of the Music Owners Listening Rights Act of 2000

From: Tony Berkman (tberkman@rcn.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 11:29:49 PDT

I remember reading somewhere (maybe I dreamed it) that in Europe, the
recording industry gets a small share of the revenues generated from the
sale of cassette tapes. I think the solution (and hopefully the RIAA can
be bypassed completely) is to somehow get the artists a similar share of
revenue from MP3 player sales, and subscription sales to community-specific
services that overlay the free exchange of digital files....