Re: DaveNet and FoRK

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 10:21:42 PDT

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, lane becker wrote:

--]
--] especially since this list is one of the few places that seems to
--] actively encourage conflict -- sometimes with, sometimes without
--] resolution. don't let the man getcha down.
--]
--]

Im with Lane on this. Fork has become, for better or worse, a great place
to catch the stream and spit in the wind.

As for encouraging conflict ...I dont think this list encouraes it so much
as the topics and the attitude let people be themselves without all the
layers of "polite" crud that hinders free expression.

Lists that are simply threads of "I have this idea..." "oh thats
wonderfull" "Oh thats great" "oh thats amazing" "I think i found a flaw in
it" "BAN THE FLAMER" end of discousion sucketh.

Fork, Laying the Smacketh Down

    [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]