Re: Introduction of the Music Owners Listening Rights Act of 2000

From: ThosStew@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 06:35:11 PDT

In a message dated 9/27/2000 10:15:34 PM, Morton@dennisinter.com writes:

> Except we dont have public libraries of popular music and video.

yes we do--public libraries have such collections, and some of them, for
example the New York Public Library, are very large, though not yet digitized
(any more than their colelcitons of books are). There's no reason why various
people interested in this couldn't give substantial grants to libraries (as
Jerome Robbins did to the New York Public) to expand such collections.