Comdex Space for rent.

I Find Karma (adam@cs.caltech.edu)
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 16:47:38 -0700 (PDT)

This still baffles me. Why would I WANT to go to Comdex?
Especially when the spammer can't spell "accommodation"??
Think the pricing is per night, or for the whole week?

> From Mitchell@westworld.com Mon Sep 8 19:16:48 1997
> From: Mitchell Family <Mitchell@westworld.com>
> To: www@cs.caltech.edu
> Subject: COMDEX
> Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 19:12:59 +0000
>
> AVAILABLE FOR RENT
> Two Condo Units for COMDEX 1997 Las Vegas
> Full Week Rental including Weekend prior!
>
> e-mail: mitchell@westworld.com
> or call 1-818-541-1616 ask for Tom - Before 9pm Pacific Time.
>
> COMDEX 1997 in Las Vegas, Nevada
> THE BIGGEST COMPUTER CONVENTION OF THE YEAR!
> November 18th - 22nd
>
> Accomidations available for November 16th - 22nd. That's the full week
> of the Convention. Ideal for an exhibitor!
>
> Two Condo units at Ramada Vacation Suites in Las Vegas (just off The
> Strip near Bally's, Caesar's Palace, and The Sands) available to rent
> this year for the COMDEX convention. If your company or a few of your
> co-workers are looking into places to stay for the week a one (1)
> Bedroom and a two (2) Bedroom condo are still available.
>
> 1) One Bedroom Unit Includes: One Private Bedroom, Living area with
> queen size pull-out sofabed, air conditioning, full size refrigerator,
> oven, stove, microwave oven, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster,
> blender, all pots & pans and service for four (4) people. The Unit
> also has TV with remote and HBO.
>
> 2) Two Bedroom Unit Includes: Two Private Bedrooms, Living area with
> queen size pull-out sofabed, air conditioning, full size refrigerator,
> oven, stove, microwave oven, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster,
> blender, all pots & pans and service for six (6) people. The Unit also
> has TV with remote and HBO.
>
> Pricing:
> 1 Bedroom 6 nights / 7 days $1250 4 people max.
> 2 Bedroom 6 nights / 7 days $1500 6 people max.

----
adam@cs.caltech.edu

The main reason to go to [Comdex] and other big shows is to collect
business cards and to be seen so nobody thinks you're dead. The
business cards eventually get lost or end up in a drawer near the socks,
and a month later people still don't know if you're dead or not.
-- John C. Dvorak, New York Times 11/18/96