Re: A Pound of Ro-Flesh...

Rohit Khare (khare@mci.net)
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 16:50:54 -0700

At 09:46 AM 9/30/97 -0700, Ernest N. Prabhakar wrote:
>Ummm....
>
>> five AM Monday to eleven PM Friday
>So, are they 24 hours or aren't they?

Close enough, even for me...

>> you have to promise to use this resort *every single day*
>
>Or what? They revoke your membership> Or charge extra?
>Or is just motivational hype? I mean, you willl be travelling and all
>- do you get reciprocal vistiation rights anywhere you travel - again,
>like a timeshare.

I'm exaggerating, of course. The goal is to hook you in with upfront $$$
committments. The club director said the average tenure is 3-4 years,
active use 7-8 mos/year (2+ visits/wk). The roaming agreements are way
cool, though.

An overwhelming chunk of the clientele is already-buff undergrads (say,
1/3) -- disposable incomes are waay too high in OC :-) ($52k median at last
count)

On the other hand, after years of theoretical consideration, the constant
navel attack on the byways of campus has illuminated one of the great
condundrums in Ro-theology: what made the 97%?

Yes, I can now imagine how it is possible to think about sex for four years
straight...

:-)
Rohit Khare

---
Rohit Khare /// ex-MCI Internet Architecture (BOS) /// khare@mci.net
Voice+Pager: (617) 960-5131  VNet: 370-5131   Fax: (617) 960-1009

(the above contact info still works)