Re: does Mickey know?

John Boyer (johnboy@CreativeSysInc.com)
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 10:05:42 -0500

Josh Cohen wrote:

> They say 10% general, 30% san fran, I wonder what the
> fork ratio is ...

Well, I don't mean to start a Jihad here, but maybe my red-neck is
showing just a bit. Just a couple of thoughts.

1) I have never bought the 10% number. I think the real number is more
like 3%. I have no data to support this, it's just a gut feel.

2) I think homosexuality is, in the end, a choice. I'm not saying its a
bad choice or a good one. Just because someone has an urge, it does not
mean that it must be acted upon. I think there are a lot of men and
women whose choose to be hetero even though they have urges that lead
them the other way. Uhhh, not me, I mean. Damn, I think I'm gonna go
drink some beers, visit a titty bar, then go to the woods and shoot
something....

3) While homosexuality and traditional christianity are incompatible, I
resent the fact that christians are continually characterized as hating
gays. Some christians do hate gays. But then, are they really
christians? The Bible is unequivocal about the wrongness of certain
things. However, it it equally clear about the requirement of loving
even those who do those things. The ability to pick suitable bits of
doctrine and ignore inconvenient ones has always troubled me. But then I
guess that phenom exists in every religion.

love,
Johnboy

PS. I would ask you about your religion, but I don't want to get
personal. ;-)