Enough!

Robert S. Thau (rst@ai.mit.edu)
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 00:05:16 -0400 (EDT)

Jeff Bone writes:
> The only real issue here, as far as I can tell, is this... can anyone
> think of the last substantial, positive thing the Fed's existance did
> for them?

I'm kind of partial to the FDA, myself. The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
is reputed to provide an enlightening view of what life was like
without it...

Conspiracy theory #7,256 --- the Corporate Interests are getting their
paid-for "elected" myrmidons in D.C. to put on this disgusting
sideshow in order to make the rest of us forget that government does
do useful things (among which is keeping said corporate interests in
check).

rst