Re: starr quote

Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 09:33:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I'm not looking for counterweights. I am looking for a reason why people
> like you prefer to see our own government sit around jerking off to the
> Starr report rather than doing any of the tasks of government for which
> they were elected. Is it really so entertaining? Did you ever get the
> impression that there might be a bunch of modern-day huns standing outside
> the city walls, but everyone inside is too absorbed to notice?

Then who is inside the walls?
I hold that the city is empty, the walls paper thin, and the huns
nothering more than whinny pretenders to democracy who seem unable to take
up the responsibilities fof the country they live in. Maybe Jefferson was
right, maybe a freedom not hard won is nothing at all.

Recent displays prove him time and again.

As to the general mood of the nation...

Frankly after 6 or so years of doing nothing BUT jacking off over reports
(white water, travel gate, this that and the other) this IS the status
quo by which the administration is moving towards its retierment.

Why do you feel qualified to demand otherwise?

Have you some insight divined from Delphi's smokeys pits?