Re: Where's the home page for my TV, radio?

Michael Stutz (stutz@dsl.org)
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:13:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Nelson Minar wrote:

> We have one on cable TV: "Prevue tonight". At least in this market,
> it's a really obnoxious thing. Half the screen is a schedule of shows,
> the other half is a series of really loud, flashy, 10 second
> advertisements (blipverts?).

I hate that thing so much. last time I was watching Prevue I was thinking
that it'd be cool if someone were able to social-engineer a huge block of
public-access hours on some station, and set up an advertisement-free
schedule guide. Too bad it's not as easy to be a tv content provider as it
is to put something on the web.

And then there's the channel that's just an Amiga desktop with "soft jazz"
playing in the background, 24/7. What's up with that?