Re: Opera Request

Gerald Oskoboiny (gerald@impressive.net)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 21:28:51 -0400

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 12:11:33PM -0400, Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:
> > Okay Hakon, here's my Opera request, when you 'save', 'save
> > as' or 'send page', or even tear off a bookmark to your
> > desktop (I am assuming Opera has all these, I want Opera to
> > automatically embed the URL where you found the page in a
> > meta tag called self.
>
> How about the ability to say all images etc. as well? I'd like to
> be able to say "save in", specify a directory, and have the page,
> the images, etc. all saved, with relative URL's of course...

Why not just archive all your HTTP traffic? Disk space is basically
free nowadays.

I started doing this last January and I think it has avaraged to
something like 3 megs/day. Notes/code are at:

http://impressive.net/people/gerald/1999/01/http-archive/

This doesn't quite catch everything because Squid doesn't cache
certain kinds of dynamic content. (if anyone knows how to tweak
squid to maximize the amount of stuff it caches, please let me
know.)