Re: FW: Microsoft, the NSA, and You.

B.K. DeLong (bkdelong@pobox.com)
Sat, 04 Sep 1999 19:45:57 -0400

At 04:19 PM 9/4/99 -0700, Ben Black wrote:
>This is a similar statement to those in the articles at cnn.com and
>news.com quoted from various MSFT managers. I am still unclear exactly
>which export regulation requires a second key and why.

Most of the articles written about MS/NSA have some major errata in them.
Besides the fact that even some of the most knowledgable cryptologists from
Marc Briceno of the Smartcard Developer Assoc to Bruce Schneier.

the reporters took the press release at face value without really digging
into it.

A collection of articles is growing at: http://www.mindsec.com/news . The
best ones seem to be MSNBC and the Associated Press.

What a mess......a warm cup of FUD anyone??

--
B.K. DeLong                  360 Huntington Ave.
bkdelong@pobox.com    Suite 140CSC-305