Re: Fw: FW: Microsoft, the NSA, and You.

ping@lfw.org
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 00:36:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Udhay Shankar N wrote:

> Udhay
> --
> http://www.unimobile.com/ http://pobox.com/~udhay
> Unimobile -- Enabling the World Wide Wireless Web
> In Touch. Informed. In Control.

This, by the way, is a most disappointing website. The tagline
made me curious, so i checked it out. A dozen clicks later, i still
don't have the answer to the two most important questions:

1. What is a Unimobile?

(Is it a cellphone, a PDA, software for a cellphone or PDA,
a device i attach to my cellphone, or a service i buy with a
cellphone?)

2. Why would i want one?

How frustrating. Even in the FAQ section, i still cannot find the
answer to "What the heck is a Unimobile?" -- just lots of blab about
what i can use a Unimobile *with*.

I am slowly starting to get the impression that it is software --
but the word "software" doesn't appear anywhere on the home page,
or the front page of the tour or the FAQ. The enticingly-named
label "The Unimobile Story", alas, isn't a link.

-- ?!ng