Re: Future Game Boy

evan.cordes@umich.edu
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:38:09 -0400

> From: morton@dennisinter.com (Damian Morton)

> Yup. Maybe we will be seeing a game-company led burst of development in =
> the computer industry. Gameboys that talk to each other. Hmmm, Are these =
> things more powerfull than a Palm Pilot. Theres a GameBoy emulator for =
> Palm Pilot, will we see a Palm Pilot emulator for GameBoy 2?? Will =
> Nintendo end up competeing with Nokia???

Maybe we can just get a gameboy plugin for the Handspring (see
attached) line of handhelds. I saw a kid at lunch yesterday with one
of the new GameBoys and was instantly jealous. It's the size of my
palm pilot (half the size of my old gameboy) and does color, and makes
pretty sounds. I realized where my fascination with handheld devices
started. ;)

> Now Sony, Nintendo, etc. etc. arent really open companies. Hell, if you =
> want to try your hand at developing a playstation game, you need to show =
> several million dollars in your wallet before they'll even talk to you. =

... and Palm requires nothing but a box with gcc (essentially free), or a
couple hundred ducats for Codewarrior. whee. Can't wait for a GameBoy
plugin to next-generation handhelds. Or whatever other good convergence
will come out of all of this in the next few months / 10 years.

Evan

---------