Re: Opera Request

=?iso-8859-1?Q?H=E5kon?= Wium Lie (howcome@opera.com)
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:33:41 +0200 (Europe de l'Ouest (Heure d'été))

Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

> Okay Hakon, here's my Opera request, when you 'save', 'save as' or '=
send page', or
> even tear off a bookmark to your desktop (I am assuming Opera has al=
l these,=20
> I want Opera to automatically embed the URL where you found the
> page in a meta tag called self.

Good idea. Perhaps we should add a few more META tags to store
Content-Type and other HTTP headers? The only problem I have is that
the saved copy is tainted. E.g., I hate it when IEx uppercases CSS
property names in saved copies of HTML pages.

This we have already -- go fetch a version from www.opera.com!

Gerald Oskoboiny wrote:

> Why not just archive all your HTTP traffic? Disk space is basically
> free nowadays.

Interesting. So, cache everything and never delete anything? From yuur
page [1]:

> The file names end up something like this:
>=20
> /archives/http/1999/01/18/03:34:19/impressive.net,people,gerald,

Does your script/setup modify the content of HREF attributes to always
point into your own file structure? If so, does it maintain the
original HREF values somewhere?

[1] http://impressive.net/people/gerald/1999/01/http-archive/

Regards,

-h&kon