Re: PS-II spotting

1486 - Jefferson Thomas Scott (jts7@duke.edu)
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:12:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Comet wrote:
> Our first home computer was a Mac, pre-Internet in this area.
> I thought it would be easier for my young son to learn to use.
> It was.

The first computer I learned on was an AppleII. Our first home computer was
TI99/4A. The first one I fell in love with was the MacSE. It's over 10
years old, and I still have it in working order. I never fully recovered,
and despite the fact that I am a productive member of computing society (who
should definitely know better), I still harbor a desire for my computer to
exist in no larger than a 2' cube. Including monitor.

> What it _wasn't_ was easy to get parts, service or upgrades.
> Plus, no gurus for a hundred miles around. We are big on tinkering
> with our own machines in these hills. :)

Young sons with computers are the source (larval) of new gurus, I thought.

JTS
(no bits - delurking entirely without value)