Re: PSX2 Update

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endTECH.com)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:32:57 -0700

The CPU gives way to the GPU. Anways, I thought this was funny
from the FAQ:

Q. what is this about then?

A. we are going to build the fastest computer ever made.

Q. why ?

A. because currrent computers are either too slow or too expensive.

Q. how are you going to do it ?

A. we are going to link together a cluster of multiple sony playstations
(nodes) to make one big computer. the workload of the computer is then
shared between the nodes.

Q. can you really do that ?

A. yes. there is no theoretical reason why not. it is already very
successful for current pc's.

Also for your enjoyment, the IGN64 folks do a cheeky comparison with the N64 and
the PS2. http://ign64.ign.com/news/10316.html

Finally, Pokemon Snap is the funnest stupid game I ever sat in front of. There's
something really satisfying about hitting Pickachus in the head with pesterballs.
http://ign64.ign.com/games/2335.html

Greg