Re: Frauds in the Computer security industry [Stupid Idea Series]

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endTECH.com)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 07:57:56 -0700

On a somewhat related note....

I woke up this morning for some reason thinking of Court TV. Two parties
essentially agree to binding arbitration overseen by a retired judge. Here's
my stupid idea for the day, rather than turn to vigilante justice, you pay
a serving fee to cybercourt.com or ejustice.com, who gurantees that a notice is sent either
electronically or on paper a notice and information packet about settling their
issue at the site. Both parties enter into non-binding arbitration, the issue
is argued on both sides and presented to the Internet populace at large who
serves as the jury of their peers. Retired judges, who often serve as arbiters,
settle the court. You raise money from the government for clearing the court
systems similar to how they pay for pre-court arbitration now to prevent
settle-able cases from clogging the courts. You can also sponsor it by
advertisements from a variety of law offices, and provide automatic legal paper filing
from electronic document submission and deadline reminders for exhorbitant fees.

Greg

--
Greg Bolcer
email: gbolcer@endtech.com