Re: The nextstep in user-friendliness for the iMac

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endTECH.com)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:15:11 -0700

There's nothing better than blasting away evil zombies
in House of the Dead 2 [1] with a light gun at 100FPS. It's
more user-terrorizing than user-friendly.

The only problem is that it doesn't work with a projector.
I truly wish I had the disposable income to buy the full
arcade upright and the disposable time to play it.

I keep waiting for someone to come out with a light gun game
that allows two guns for one player ala Rare's Goldeneye 007
where the player could configure the controls across two controllers,
one in each hand.

Greg

http://dreamcast.ign.com/reviews/10956.html
http://dcmedia.ign.com/media/reviews/image/houseofthedead2/side_02.jpg

First off, let's get one thing out of the way.
I answer the Q&A here at IGNDC (well,
I'm supposed to, at least), and one of the
largest batches of mail I receive concerns
House of the Dead II. People keep on
sending me letters, asking such things as
"Will the game include the lightgun?", "Am
I going to have to get a lightgun alongside
the game," and, of course, "What is the
air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
The answers to these questions are, "No,
Sega will not be including a light gun with
the game - get over it!", "Yes, you're going
to have to get the lightgun alongside the
game, as the controller just doesnt' deliver
the House of the Dead II experience,"
and, finally, "What do you mean? African
or European?"

--
Greg Bolcer
email: gbolcer@endtech.com