Re: AltaVista Image

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:24:39 -0700

One of the major problems with Altavista was that 9 out of 10
links for benign searches were turning up pornography. It just
made it really hard to get any useful information without
making a really specific query--something that's outside the
skills of most Web surfers (I would bet that
of all the visitors they have, 97% don't know how to use exclude).

They need a customizable family filter where they break down each of those categories
down ever further and allow people to set their own levels. I can easily
see most employers filter all that from their employees and probably add
on Guns and Stock Options. 8-)

--
Greg Bolcer
email: gbolcer@endtech.com