Re: diffent machines, same environment?

Manoj Kasichainula (
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 20:29:30 -0500

On Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 02:01:36PM -0700, Ernest Prabhakar wrote:
> Seriously, I remember CMU has something built around a derivative of
> LDAP that would store more general preference information. Last I
> heard they only used it for things like Browser Bookmarks, but it seems
> like a general "Preference Server" would be feasible...

Are you talking about ACAP? <>

They were just getting started deploying this when I left. I don't
think it's suitable for Unix-style config files, though, unless you
basically use it as a file server.

Manoj Kasichainula - manojk at io dot com -
"Tandems are good if you need hardware which sucks reliably, 24x365."
  -- Malcolm Ray.