* [Between adam and I we've ran into all three of these folks
* [IMHO, I think Disney is the biggest buyer...]
* Apple seen losing research scientists
* March 31, 1997 9:47 AM EST
* NEW YORK, March 31 (Reuter) - Apple Computer Inc. has seen more of its
* top researchers leave the company and a reduction in research
* projects, after its recent budget-cutting plans, the Wall Street
* Journal said in Monday's electronic edition.
Apple has NO I repeat NO "Fellows" currently on the payroll. All these
pieces of driftwood did was collect a paycheck.
Remember the famous words of Steve Jobs, "10 years and over $1 billion and
they came up with what, QuickTime?"
* Three of Apple's top scientists -- Don Norman, Gursharan Sidhu and
* Alan Kay -- have all left the company recently, the paper said.
well Kay as we discussed here left a while ago.
* An Apple insider estimated the company's long-term research budget was
* cut to $12 million from $50 million, it said. It closed several
* long-term projects, including one focused on television sets with
* personal computers, it said.
Apple has NO I repeat NO R&D approved currently.
NeXT/Apple has one job. Getting Rhapsody out the door.
Until the application is written, it runs at 0 MIPS, regardless of the hardware you've got. - Steve Jobs
<> email@example.com <>