RE: Why I Will Never Offer Don Box a Lift Again...

Rohit Khare (khare@w3.org)
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 11:25:09 -0400 (EDT)

From: Mark Lundstrom <markl@teledesic.com
Subject: RE: Why I Will Never Offer Don Box a Lift Again...
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 11:32:42 -0700

Speaking of Spoonerisms, I recently had the opportunity to study with
the disciples of the late Reverend Spooner.

Spooner was actually the Warden of New College in Oxford from about
1960-1975 I think. He dedicated the graduate student common room in
his
name. After one or two drinks of Pimms, he got on with the dedication:
"It gives me great pleasure to dedicate this common room, forever to be
called the Rooner Spoom."
The room is still called the Spoom to this day.

Shortly after that a gust of wind came along. He turned to his
assistant and said "Could you please hickup my pat?"

Random Oxford trivia.

Mark