Maybe somewhat, but in actuality Apple has been overwhelmed at the amount
of people recommending NeXTStep on the Usenet in the various
Also as I have always said it make a whole hell of a lot of sense for
MacStep to appear.
1) Time to market, next to nil
2) Large number of people already familiar to OS
3) Publicity potential. (We have the OS that the WWW was designed on,
battle of the heavyweights IN this corner Gates, and in this corner Jobs)
4) Cross platform including Intel
5) Apple partners (Mostly Adobe) happy
6) NeXTStep Mac emulation already present
7) Apple will now have a two pronged approach, Sys 7.x and MacStep
8) SCaN can finally have a place to meet!!!
"The future masters of technology will have to be lighthearted and intelligent. The machine easily masters the grim and the dumb." - Marshall McLuhan 1969
<> firstname.lastname@example.org <>