* to be sure, I'm responsible -- I encouraged Jim to post these. Not that
* I've heard of any of these bands either, but just on the general principle
* that absurdity is good -- somewhat intentionally, I want to preserve some
* funkiness that's endangered in the SIGification of the Net. I don't want
* FoRK to be just an info resource like drudge or dreamscape. It's why we
* keep Tim Byars around :-)
was that a complement?
* Seriously, I've heard the impulse often that FoRK should be hard bits -- I
* try to set a certain example in that direction -- but it's also a wee bit
* of a coffeehouse. And of course, the fundamental assumption I make is that
* 'reading is cheap, deleting is cheaper'. So while this may be inconvenient
* in some cases, it seems within the bounds.
* I would be disappointed if FoRK turned into a pure geek-info list, like its
* bastard child FoRR ;-) Being geek is about being absurd!
* That said, this issue is open to debate, pubically or wih Jim personally.
* Or we could create FoRK-noKUCI ...
no I like the KUCI listing. It is "old school" FoRK and is part of FoRK
history. I like taking a brief browse through it when I have time, I just
wish I could get KUCI here in Huntingtion.
If you can get someone who's smart enough to help you,
sometimes you put up with some of their idiocyncracies. - Gil Amelio
<> firstname.lastname@example.org <>