* Trust Intel to stoop to using ISSCC as a vehicle for a cheap marketing con.
* On the other hand Digital Semiconductor showed its Alpha 21264 which
* has been in silicon since December, will be in machines this Summer
* and can presumably *emulate* the Klamath at roughly *twice* the speed
* of the non-existant dud Intel was obfuscating about.
* (And no, I don't put Intel in the same category as Microsoft but
* sometimes they are almost as *@#^%$!^&).
* -- Rob.
* PS: Hit over 663 Mflops today on a 500MHz 21164a. Heh heh :)
now if only someone at DEC would travel to Cupertino and show all this to
Job's. then after he gives Moto the heave ho this will be the chip of
choice instead of Intel.
what? did I say that? no I didn't...
Do you pine for the nice days of Minix-1.1, when men were men and wrote
their own device drivers? ...Linus Torvalds