Why "loss of productivity" is NOT an issue

Bob Drzyzgula bob@drzyzgula.org
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:41:00 -0400

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 11:12:37PM -0500, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Perhaps more appropriately, then:  I've known several long-time
> vegetarians who claim they can tell if a person eats meat or not simply
> by smell;  some have even claimed that meat-eaters have an offensive
> odor.

Likewise consummers of garlic and onions. I note that (a)
people who eat a lot of garlic and onions have a distinctive,
unpleasent odor and (b) many vegetarians are really into
garlic and onions. The range of acceptable behavior keeps
getting narrower all the time.

Luckily I quit smoking while it was still acceptable to
smoke in one's own office -- three of us smokers shared
a cluster of three offices and a public area, probably
consuming a carton a week each just during business hours
-- so I never had to deal with the smoker's lounge thing.

--Bob