Why "loss of productivity" is NOT an issue

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:02:21 -0500

Lorin Rivers wrote:

> Huh? Jeff, can I hate Nazis? Or Klan members?

You can hate anyone and anything you care to, makes me no nevermind.  In fact,
if we really go to the extreme with the tolerance thing, we have to tolerate
bigotry.  Let's just be sure and recognize it when it occurs;  I wasn't
claiming I hated anti-smokers, though it's true that I wish they --- like any
other group of bigots or moral busybodies --- didn't.  That doesn't mean it
needs to be legislated, and that's exactly what's happening with this PC
endorsed anti-smoker bigotry...

> >  > If you smoke, you CAN quit.
> >
> >Perhaps, Lorin, they don't want to quit.
>
> OK. I wonder if serial killers want to quit. If they don't that's
> probably OK too.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

> It is possible to have an impromptu meeting without poisons. I
> personally have done it.

It's also possible to have them with them...  but you certainly don't have to
attend.

jb