Web Services: Its So Crazy, It Just Might Not Work

Mike Dierken mike@DataChannel.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:58:44 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C119FB.34283320

> The more interesting conversation, I think, is to take the overall
> goal of Web Services, which I take to be roughly "Let's apply the
> Web's lessons of loose coupling in document handling to inter-process
> communication/remote method invocation", and talk about a) whether and
> b) under what circumstances this is a good idea.

Loose coupling and remote method invocation sound like they are opposites.
But I suppose anything to help loosen the coupling in an RMI/RPC situation
will help.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C119FB.34283320

RE: Web Services: Its So Crazy, It Just Might Not Work