.NET and Mono. Call for action: ask for retraction

Tom tomwhore@wsmf.org
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 18:16:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Jeff Bone wrote:
--]Bob Drzyzgula wrote:
--]> I don't think that it's just Hailstorm that's the danger.
--]> The danger is in growing dependant in any way on any aspect
--]> of Microsoft's implementation of .NET. This is too much
--]> like Charlie Brown depending on Lucy to hold the ball.
--]
--]Upon reflection, I tend to agree with the specifics of this statement:  we
--]shouldn't depend on any aspect of Microsoft's *implementation* of .NET.

Sometimes coomon good sense is neither coomon, good nor sensical.

Report from the trenches time...there are so many wonks looking to jumpon
the .net bandwagon lock stock and MSmoking barrel than you can shake a
stupid stick at. They are all ready to go for the .net Certifications
so they can wave another piece of paper aroung while still needing to hire
a consultanat to wrie a Hello World VB script.

Lots of folks will be buying into the whole MS .Nethog fully and
completely. Shit, I even got folks here looking at me funny cuase I use
VNC rather than netmeeting. Like Netmeeting can run on a palm form across
town? Not likely.

Just another day.

-tom