Disturbing News: Park Police arm themselves against US citizens

Chuck Murcko chuck@topsail.org
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 18:30:33 -0400

On Tuesday, July 31, 2001, at 02:25 PM, Lucas Gonze wrote:

> The anti-government segment of the right wing never fails to be strange
> and
> wonderful.
>
>> (The Feds were) ready to shoot? American citizens? People who were
>> being put
>> out of business, put out of their homes, being forced to lose
>> everything
>> their families had built and worked on for generations, people who
>> were not
>> armed nor had made any threats - these were the people our Park Police
>> were
>> ready and willing to shoot? Yes.
>>
>> http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23841

I think the issues here fall more along a continuum like

full scale commercial exploitation<--->conservation<--->halt human
development

to simplistically describe the fringes and a position near the center.

A more in-depth analysis of the ongoing conflict in the American West
(with references) is here:

http://www.mountainstateslegal.org/articles_speeches.cfm?articleid=3

Regardless of the messenger, the people of the Klamath Basin are still
in bad, bad shape.

Chuck

Chuck Murcko
Topsail Group