Why "loss of productivity" is NOT an issue

Tom tomwhore@wsmf.org
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:43:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Jim Whitehead wrote:

--]You are free to pursue life, liberty, and happiness only to the point where
--]it starts affecting my ability to do the same.  Second hand smoke has been
--]shown to have a causal link with various cancers, thus affecting my pursuit
--]of life. Therefore, the initiator of the smoke must accept limitations on
--]activities that generate it in the presense of others.
--]
Jim , thank you for speaking the rational side of my brain for me . I have
been in a very nonrational mood tooday. I actualy had to...i hate to say
this, but I actualy had to WORK today. Ugh the pain.

--]> How about those hormones in the beef?
--]
--]If I eat beef, it is my choice. Someone eating beef within 10 feet of me
--]does not expose me to beef hormones. Hormones in beef do not affect my
--]ability to pursue life, liberty, or happiness. Thus this case is not
--]comparable to second hand smoke.
--]
--]> It's a slippery slope
--]
--]No, application of the "pursuit of life, liberty and happiness" rule crisply
--]resolves this issue.

Bingo bango bongo.