Why "loss of productivity" is NOT an issue

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:43:57 -0500

CDale wrote:

> Ah, so it's a california thing.  That makes more sense.  I'd be pissed,
> especially about the bars, but I wouldn't take it out on other people.
> Quick story: When I was in Pacifica, we heard about this bar that allowed
> people to smoke, so we went in and asked, and he threw out three oj bottle
> lids.  He said "it's a hundred dollar fine if I'm caught, and a hundred
> for each of you, so if you want to take the risk, I will too."  We smoked
> a cig, and thought about it for a few minutes, then put the cigs away and
> lit up a joint.  It was a cheaper risk.  God, I love California.  (:

Naw, yew love that propriet'r.  He's a man among men.  The prollem -w- grand ole CA is that
there ain't but about ten men among 'em.   You jus' happened to mean one-oh-um.

jb (slipping backwards in time.  Cf. why, future post...)