Tobacco smoke, mustard gas, war

Strata Rose Chalup strata@virtual.net
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 12:22:21 -0700

Don't I know better by now?  Obviously not....

Article on JAMA study showing second-hand smoke sped up arteriosclerosis
by 20% in nonsmokers who had close contact w/smokers for an hour
or more a day (speedup for smokers is 50%):
http://www.heartinfo.com/news98/smkgcad21198.htm

Ontario Medical Association position paper on 2nd hand smoke:
http://www.oma.org/phealth/2ndsmoke.htm

Article on University of Toronto report highlighting dangers
of 2nd hand smoke for bar & restaurant workers:
http://www.canoe.ca/Health0105/17_smoking-cp.html

Lots of first-hand data on second-hand smoke:
http://www.smoke-free.ca/Second-Hand-Smoke/health_insmoke.htm