[Mojonation-devel] Re: use Mojo Nation programmatically (fwd)

Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:32:08 +0200 (MET DST)

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>
ICBMTO  : N48 10'07'' E011 33'53'' http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 04:15:34 -0500 (CDT)
From: Brandon Wiley <blanu@bozonics.com>
To: mojonation-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Mojonation-devel] Re: use Mojo Nation programmatically

> I intend to write a magazine article on the following subject:
>
> > Also I would be happy to do a tutorial on how to programmatically connect to
> > the Mojo Nation network, e.g. using Python, C, or XML-RPC to use Mojo Nation as
> > a distributed file repository.

I'd like to point any interested parties to
http://freenetproject.org/doc/xml-rpc.html. It's a semi-generic API for
file sharing apps. I'm pushing it as a standard API that everyone should
use to expose their networks. It is currently used by Freenet and there is
one client that uses it, Snarfzilla. I'm doing a tutorial on it at
O'Reilly P2P in September. I'm totally open to feedback on it. Standards
need to be agreed upon by the major players in order to be useful. I just
went ahead and wrote something up to use as the basis because you have to
start somewhere.

Offhandedly, if the article you're talking about is for Linux Journal, I
should mention that they never paid me. Not that the money matters to you,
just thought I'd mention it because I like to publically scold people that
do me wrong. :-)