MBA stuff Re: NYTimes.com Article: Google Names Chief Executive

James Hong jhong@xmethods.net
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 17:10:33 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_02B1_01C1202D.08CFAE50

>   People who go back to business school do so as much
> more a conscious choice.

especially considering the opportunity cost!

> Anyway, I find it hard to take anyone too seriously who bases their
opinion
> of someone's work ability entirely on where they went to school.

or what they studied. Oddly enough, I found my MBA education to be a lot
more challenging, and probably more rewarding, than my undergrad EECS
education. But that could just be a Berkeley thing...

How the hell did this thread end up here, anyway?? Hope it wasn't my =
doing,
don't think it was.. Eric Schmidt is unqualified to be CEO, he doesn't =
have
an MBA. does he? ;) Oh, but he did get his PhD at Berkeley, so it's all
good. uh, yea. Go Bears.

james

>  -Mike
>
> At 03:16 PM 8/8/01 -0700, rudy rouhana wrote:
> >Perhaps it is those schools that attract the types of individuals =
that
feel
> >they are "owed" something.  Hell, maybe they are owed something, they =
did
pay
> >$30K+/year!  I've either pitched to, raised money from, sold to, =
employed
or
> >fired MBAs from all the schools that I've mentioned.  I do my best to
judge
> >people as individuals. My opinions are based on what I observed, not =
> >predisposed bias. I am human, and thus fallable (unlike MBAs from the
> schools I
> >mentioned, who never admit mistakes ;) and recognize that I may be =
wrong
in
> >judging myself.
> >
> >This isn't my only criteria, but one of the things I look for to see =
if
> degrees
> >are "purchased" is the graduation rate of a school.  Most of the Ivy
League
> >schools boast +90% (Harvard had a 97% Grad. rate in 1999) graduation
rates
> for
> >undergrads.  An arguement can be made that since the acceptance =
criteria
> is so
> >high, everyone that gets in gets out with a degree.  That theory =
doesn't
hold
> >water with me.  I graduated high school with a 3.2 GPA, but busted a =
high
> score
> >on the SAT and was accepted to Brown.  Point being, it's not that =
hard to
get
> >in, just get over 1300 on a single test.  I took the SAT one time.
> However, if
> >I wasn't so bright and REALLY wanted a Brown degree, I suppose I =
could
have
> >paid a bunch of money to Kaplan and re-taken the exam until I =
achieved
the
> >score necessary.
> >
> >Then again, maybe it wasn't the SAT score that got me the acceptance
> letter at
> >all.  Perhaps the "background" questions on the application where I
> mentioned I
> >wouldn't need financial aid because my family had a few dollars =
bought me
the
> >letter.
> >
> >Either way, I thought $30G's a year was a bunch of bullshit to get an
> >education.  So, I went to a school that had a low barrier to entry =
cost
wise
> >(With a merit based scholarship, it was free) and faced incredible
challenges
> >academically due to competition.  In fact, there was this damn =
red-head'd
> 16yr
> >old that fuxored the curve in Calculus my first summer there.  I =
think
he's
> >working at KnowNow these days...

schools
> that
> >is undeserved.  The reality is, you get what you pay for.  Shell out =
the
big
> >dollars and you'll get the GPA and diploma that you want.  Fabulous.
> There are
> >jobs waiting for you at Mackensie, KPMG and any other "consulting" =
firm
that
> >needs to resell you.  However, when I'm hiring, I want someone who =
will
> >actually get something done, and will look elsewhere.
> >
> >Side note, when visiting my g/f at Stanford (I won't hire, but I'll =
sleep
> with
> >grads from those schools...), I was told that their mechanical
engineering
> >department is "ranked best in the country" or some bullshit like =
that.
I'll
> >put money down any day that someone from Cooper Union, Rose-Hulman, =
Harvy
> Mudd,
> >Purdue or my own school could out engineer a Stanford ME.
> >
> >-Rudy
> >
> >--- Mike Masnick <mike@techdirt.com> wrote:
> >> I'm no apologist for bad and annoying MBA graduates, because there =
are
> >> plenty, but I'm curious how you determine which schools are the =
ones
where
> >> people earned vs. bought their degrees?
> >>
> >> I, for one, am happy that I got my MBA.  I thought it was a great
> >> experience in a lot of ways.  I thought that Cornell did a great =
job
> >> preparing me, and really prides themselves on building a program =
that
the
> >> students find useful for many years after they've graduated.
> >>
> >> I've had both good experiences and bad experiences dealing with =
MBAs
from
> >> any number of schools.  In general, (like just about anything) it
reminds
> >> me that it's usually the individual that determines my opinion of =
them,
> >> more than the program they came from.  The people who feel they're
"owed"
> >> something or that they're better than others because they have an =
MBA
(no
> >> matter where they got it) are the ones who have always troubled me.
> >>
> >> However, I've met enough people from most of the top MBA programs
> >> (including the ones you've mentioned) to suggest that it's possible =
get
> >> a completely useful education from any of them.
> >>
> >>  -Mike

> high

> >> where you

not

> gone

FoRKer i
> know

be VC
VC,
which

> >> Actually, I'm
> Wharton/Kellogg/Stanford

money
at a

[mailto:fork-admin@xent.com]On
Behalf
> >> Of
Executive

Doerr

-----------------------

----------------------------------------------------------/

Schmidt as
the
Larry
Page

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/technology/AP-Google-CEO.html?ex=3D9

> /-----------------------------------------------------------------

> -----------------------------------------------------------------/

Yahoo!
> >> Messenger

------=_NextPart_000_02B1_01C1202D.08CFAE50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; People who go back to business school do so as=20
much<BR>&gt; more a conscious choice.<BR><BR>especially considering the=20
opportunity cost!<BR><BR>&gt; Anyway, I find it hard to take anyone too=20
seriously who bases their<BR>opinion<BR>&gt; of someone's work ability =
entirely=20
on where they went to school.<BR><BR>or what they studied. Oddly enough, =
I found=20
my MBA education to be a lot<BR>more challenging, and probably more =
rewarding,=20
than my undergrad EECS<BR>education. But that could just be a Berkeley=20
thing...<BR><BR>How the hell did this thread end up here, anyway?? Hope =
it=20
wasn't my doing,<BR>don't think it was.. Eric Schmidt is unqualified to =
be CEO,=20
he doesn't have<BR>an MBA. does he? ;) Oh, but he did get his PhD at =
Berkeley,=20
so it's all<BR>good. uh, yea. Go=20
Bears.<BR><BR>james<BR><BR><BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; =
-Mike<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; At=20
03:16 PM 8/8/01 -0700, rudy rouhana wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt;Perhaps it is =
those=20
schools that attract the types of individuals that<BR>feel<BR>&gt; =
&gt;they are=20
"owed" something.&nbsp; Hell, maybe they are owed something, they=20
did<BR>pay<BR>&gt; &gt;$30K+/year!&nbsp; I've either pitched to, raised =
money=20
from, sold to, employed<BR>or<BR>&gt; &gt;fired MBAs from all the =
schools that=20
I've mentioned.&nbsp; I do my best to<BR>judge<BR>&gt; &gt;people as=20
individuals. My opinions are based on what I observed, not a<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;predisposed bias. I am human, and thus fallable (unlike MBAs from=20
the<BR>&gt; schools I<BR>&gt; &gt;mentioned, who never admit mistakes ;) =
and=20
recognize that I may be wrong<BR>in<BR>&gt; &gt;judging myself.<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;This isn't my only criteria, but one of the things I =
look for=20
to see if<BR>&gt; degrees<BR>&gt; &gt;are "purchased" is the graduation =
rate of=20
a school.&nbsp; Most of the Ivy<BR>League<BR>&gt; &gt;schools boast +90% =

(Harvard had a 97% Grad. rate in 1999) graduation<BR>rates<BR>&gt; =
for<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;undergrads.&nbsp; An arguement can be made that since the acceptance =

criteria<BR>&gt; is so<BR>&gt; &gt;high, everyone that gets in gets out =
with a=20
degree.&nbsp; That theory doesn't<BR>hold<BR>&gt; &gt;water with =
me.&nbsp; I=20
graduated high school with a 3.2 GPA, but busted a high<BR>&gt; =
score<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;on the SAT and was accepted to Brown.&nbsp; Point being, it's not =
that hard=20
to<BR>get<BR>&gt; &gt;in, just get over 1300 on a single test.&nbsp; I =
took the=20
SAT one time.<BR>&gt; However, if<BR>&gt; &gt;I wasn't so bright and =
REALLY=20
wanted a Brown degree, I suppose I could<BR>have<BR>&gt; &gt;paid a =
bunch of=20
money to Kaplan and re-taken the exam until I achieved<BR>the<BR>&gt; =
&gt;score=20
necessary.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;Then again, maybe it wasn't the SAT =
score=20
that got me the acceptance<BR>&gt; letter at<BR>&gt; &gt;all.&nbsp; =
Perhaps the=20
"background" questions on the application where I<BR>&gt; mentioned =
I<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;wouldn't need financial aid because my family had a few dollars =
bought=20
me<BR>the<BR>&gt; &gt;letter.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;Either way, I =
thought=20
$30G's a year was a bunch of bullshit to get an<BR>&gt; =
&gt;education.&nbsp; So,=20
I went to a school that had a low barrier to entry cost<BR>wise<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;(With a merit based scholarship, it was free) and faced=20
incredible<BR>challenges<BR>&gt; &gt;academically due to =
competition.&nbsp; In=20
fact, there was this damn red-head'd<BR>&gt; 16yr<BR>&gt; &gt;old that =
fuxored=20
the curve in Calculus my first summer there.&nbsp; I =
think<BR>he's<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;working at KnowNow these days...<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;Summary: I =
think a=20
lot of distiction is given to these brand name schools<BR>&gt; =
that<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;is undeserved.&nbsp; The reality is, you get what you pay for.&nbsp; =
Shell=20
out the<BR>big<BR>&gt; &gt;dollars and you'll get the GPA and diploma =
that you=20
want.&nbsp; Fabulous.<BR>&gt; There are<BR>&gt; &gt;jobs waiting for you =
at=20
Mackensie, KPMG and any other "consulting" firm<BR>that<BR>&gt; =
&gt;needs to=20
resell you.&nbsp; However, when I'm hiring, I want someone who =
will<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;actually get something done, and will look elsewhere.<BR>&gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;Side note, when visiting my g/f at Stanford (I won't hire, but I'll=20
sleep<BR>&gt; with<BR>&gt; &gt;grads from those schools...), I was told =
that=20
their mechanical<BR>engineering<BR>&gt; &gt;department is "ranked best =
in the=20
country" or some bullshit like that.<BR>I'll<BR>&gt; &gt;put money down =
any day=20
that someone from Cooper Union, Rose-Hulman, Harvy<BR>&gt; Mudd,<BR>&gt; =

&gt;Purdue or my own school could out engineer a Stanford ME.<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;-Rudy<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;--- Mike Masnick &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:mike@techdirt.com">mike@techdirt.com</A>&gt; =
wrote:<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; I'm no apologist for bad and annoying MBA graduates, because =
there=20
are<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; plenty, but I'm curious how you determine which =
schools are=20
the ones<BR>where<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; people earned vs. bought their=20
degrees?<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; I, for one, am happy that I =
got my=20
MBA.&nbsp; I thought it was a great<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; experience in a lot =
of=20
ways.&nbsp; I thought that Cornell did a great job<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
preparing=20
me, and really prides themselves on building a program =
that<BR>the<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; students find useful for many years after they've =
graduated.<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; I've had both good experiences and bad =
experiences=20
dealing with MBAs<BR>from<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; any number of schools.&nbsp; =
In=20
general, (like just about anything) it<BR>reminds<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; me =
that it's=20
usually the individual that determines my opinion of them,<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt; more=20
than the program they came from.&nbsp; The people who feel=20
they're<BR>"owed"<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; something or that they're better than =
others=20
because they have an MBA<BR>(no<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; matter where they got =
it) are=20
the ones who have always troubled me.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
However,=20
I've met enough people from most of the top MBA programs<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
(including the ones you've mentioned) to suggest that it's possible=20
to<BR>get<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; a completely useful education from any of=20
them.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&nbsp; -Mike<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; At 12:58 PM 8/8/01 -0700, rudy rouhana wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
&gt;No,<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;Actually those three schools stand out the =
most to=20
me.&nbsp; I pretty much<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;consistently run into the =
biggest=20
jokers from those schools.&nbsp; The<BR>other<BR>&gt; high<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;point scorer on my bullshit chart is Kauffman Fellow title.<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;Krannert grads (Purdue) do well in my =
book.&nbsp; As=20
do grads from schools<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; where you<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;earn vs.=20
buy your degree.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;-Rudy<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;--- Mike Masnick &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:mike@techdirt.com">mike@techdirt.com</A>&gt; =
wrote:<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; *cough*<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
Another FoRKer with an MBA (from Cornell) right here.&nbsp; Also glad=20
not<BR>to<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; have gone to a school mentioned =
below, but=20
I'm sure Rudy would have<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; included just about =
any MBA=20
program in his list.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
Glad to=20
see that random generalizations about folks with MBAs<BR>haven't<BR>&gt; =

gone<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; away.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt;&nbsp; -Mike<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
At=20
12:09 PM 8/8/01 -0700, James Hong wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;good=20
thing i got my MBA at Berkeley, as did the only other FoRKer i<BR>&gt;=20
know<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;with an MBA.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;cheers,<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
&gt;james<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
&gt;----<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;XMethods web service listings - =
<A=20
href=3D"http://www.xmethods.net">http://www.xmethods.net</A><BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;-----=20
Original Message -----<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;From: "rudy =
rouhana" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:webtagz@yahoo.com">webtagz@yahoo.com</A>&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;To: "James Hong" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:jhong@xmethods.net">jhong@xmethods.net</A>&gt;; &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:FoRK@XeNT.CoM">FoRK@XeNT.CoM</A>&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 11:54 AM<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
&gt;Subject: Re: NYTimes.com Article: Google Names Chief =
Executive<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; Remember, it's not how well you perform, it's how well =
you're<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; perceived as<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; performing (via =
<A=20
href=3D"http://www.bobpatternsononline.com">www.bobpatternsononline.com</=
A>) ....=20
that seems to<BR>be VC<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;criteria<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; for CEOs.&nbsp; I'm sure Mr. Schmidt is perceived as =
having=20
done well<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;previously.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; Kleiner is just as susceptible to bad judgment as any other=20
VC,<BR>which<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;means<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; VERY susceptible.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; The Bob Patterson program is probably better than an =
MBA=20
;)<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Actually, I'm<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
quite sure=20
that it is given the quality of the<BR>&gt; =
Wharton/Kellogg/Stanford<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;MBAs<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; that I've =
been=20
exposed to.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =

&gt;&gt; -R<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =

&gt;&gt; --- James Hong &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:jhong@xmethods.net">jhong@xmethods.net</A>&gt; =
wrote:<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; it makes them more suitable to go =
public, or=20
raise more money<BR>at a<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;better<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; valuation?<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; cheers,<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt; james<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; ----<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; =
XMethods web=20
service listings - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.xmethods.net">http://www.xmethods.net</A><BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; ----- Original Message -----<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt; From: "Jim Whitehead" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ejw@cse.ucsc.edu">ejw@cse.ucsc.edu</A>&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; To: "Rohit Khare" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:rohit@knownow.com">rohit@knownow.com</A>&gt;; "FoRK" =
&lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:FoRK@xent.com">FoRK@xent.com</A>&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt; Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 10:29 AM<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =

&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Subject: RE: NYTimes.com Article: Google Names =
Chief=20
Executive<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; So, why is =
this a=20
good thing?&nbsp; As near as I can tell, his<BR>&gt; tenure at<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;Novell<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; did not =

fundamentally alter that company's position.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; - Jim<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; =
&gt;=20
-----Original Message-----<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; =
&gt;=20
From: <A href=3D"mailto:fork-admin@xent.com">fork-admin@xent.com</A>=20
[mailto:fork-admin@xent.com]On<BR>Behalf<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; Of<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:khare@w3.org">khare@w3.org</A><BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt; &gt; &gt; Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 10:46 PM<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; To: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:fork@xent.com">fork@xent.com</A><BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
&gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: NYTimes.com Article: Google Names Chief=20
Executive<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; =
&gt;=20
&gt; This article from NYTimes.com<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt; &gt;=20
&gt; has been sent to you by <A=20
href=3D"mailto:khare@w3.org">khare@w3.org</A>.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; What a =
shock!=20
Sounds like an excellent match, though...<BR>Doerr<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; done good? :-) --RK<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;=20
/-------------------- advertisement -----------------------<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt; &gt; &gt; Let NYTimes.com Come to You<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Sign up =
for one=20
of our weekly e-mails<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; =
and the=20
news will come directly to you.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; =
&gt;=20
&gt; YOUR MONEY brings you a wealth of analysis<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; and information about personal =
investing.<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; CIRCUITS plugs you into the =
latest=20
on<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; personal =
technology. TRAVEL=20
DISPATCH offers<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; you a =
jump on=20
special travel deals and news.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; =
&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; <A=20
href=3D"http://email.nytimes.com/email/email.jsp?eta5">http://email.nytim=
es.com/email/email.jsp?eta5</A><BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt; &gt; &gt;=20
----------------------------------------------------------/<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; =
&gt;=20
&gt; Google Names Chief Executive<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt; &gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; By THE ASSOCIATED =

PRESS<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =

&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Internet search-engine company Google =
named=20
Eric Schmidt as<BR>the<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; =
chief=20
executive officer Monday, replacing co-founder Larry<BR>Page<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
at<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; the helm of the=20
company<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; <A=20
href=3D"http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/technology/AP-Google-CEO.html?ex=3D=
9">http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/technology/AP-Google-CEO.html?ex=3D9</=
A><BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;=20
98163173&amp;ei=3D1&amp;en=3D75fa4f644a4d9c40<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt;=20
/-----------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&gt=
;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;=20
&gt; Visit NYTimes.com for complete access to the<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; most authoritative news coverage on the Web,<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; updated throughout the day.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =

&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; =
Become=20
a member today! It's free!<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; <A=20
href=3D"http://www.nytimes.com?eta">http://www.nytimes.com?eta</A><BR>&gt=
;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt;=20
-----------------------------------------------------------------/<BR>&gt=
;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;=20
&gt; HOW TO ADVERTISE<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;=20
---------------------------------<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt; &gt;=20
For information on advertising in e-mail newsletters<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; or other creative advertising opportunities with =
The<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; New York Times on the Web, please =
contact=20
Alyson<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; Racer at <A=20
href=3D"mailto:alyson@nytimes.com">alyson@nytimes.com</A> or visit our =
online=20
media<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; kit at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.nytimes.com/adinfo">http://www.nytimes.com/adinfo</A><=
BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;=20
&gt; For general information about NYTimes.com, write to<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:help@nytimes.com">help@nytimes.com</A>.<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; =
Copyright 2001=20
The New York Times Company<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; <A=20
href=3D"http://xent.com/mailman/listinfo/fork">http://xent.com/mailman/li=
stinfo/fork</A><BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; <A=20
href=3D"http://xent.com/mailman/listinfo/fork">http://xent.com/mailman/li=
stinfo/fork</A><BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; =
<A=20
href=3D"http://xent.com/mailman/listinfo/fork">http://xent.com/mailman/li=
stinfo/fork</A><BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo!<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
Messenger<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; <A=20
href=3D"http://phonecard.yahoo.com/">http://phonecard.yahoo.com/</A><BR>&=
gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;http://xent.com/mailman/listinfo/fork<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
&gt;__________________________________________________<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;Do=20
You Yahoo!?<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;Make international calls for as low as=20
$.04/minute with Yahoo!<BR>Messenger<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
&gt;http://phonecard.yahoo.com/<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;=20
&gt;&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;&gt; <A=20
href=3D"http://xent.com/mailman/listinfo/fork">http://xent.com/mailman/li=
stinfo/fork</A><BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt;=20
You=20
Yahoo!?<BR>&gt; &gt;Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute =
with=20
Yahoo! Messenger<BR>&gt; &gt;http://phonecard.yahoo.com/<BR>&gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;http://xent.com/mailman/listinfo/fork<BR>&gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_02B1_01C1202D.08CFAE50--