MBA stuff Re: NYTimes.com Article: Google Names Chief Executive

rudy rouhana webtagz@yahoo.com
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:38:39 -0700 (PDT)

> Anyway, I find it hard to take anyone too seriously who bases their opinion
> of someone's work ability entirely on where they went to school.
>
>  -Mike

Why?  If I know that a particular school will put one through boot camp levels
of work during one's time there vs. a school that coddles students, why is it
so inappropriate to take that knowledge into consideration when deciding
between two candidates?

I suspect that B-school ranking is the #1 or at least #2 metric in most MBAs
decision making process which picking a school.  If where you received your MBA
from is so not important, then why do they pour over the annual rankings of
these schools?  Put it this way, if you had a choice of a school with better
professors, where you'd learn more but it had 0 recognition vs. top tier school
that would offer less of an education, which would you pick? Which do you think
MOST people would pick?

-R