Web Services: Its So Crazy, It Just Might Not Work

Aaron Swartz aswartz@upclink.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:15:29 -0500

On Tuesday, July 31, 2001, at 02:35  PM, Clay Shirky wrote:

> The more interesting conversation, I think, is to take the overall
> goal of Web Services, which I take to be roughly "Let's apply the
> Web's lessons of loose coupling in document handling to inter-process
> communication/remote method invocation", and talk about a) whether and
> b) under what circumstances this is a good idea.

I think it's a great idea... CORBA is not mimally constraining
(sic), don't be afraid of the 404, and all that.

http://www.w3.org/Architecture/1998/12/oop-min.html

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      | ...schoolyard subversion...
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://aaronsw.com/school/>