Developmentor's Conference.NET quotes (Don Box)

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:24:07 -0500

Rohit Khare wrote:

> public object this[string name] {
>     get {
>         switch (name) {
>               case "id": return calculated_patient_id;

Much as I hate to say it, I think that the explicit nature of gettors /
settors in C# is a good thing, and I really dig the get { } set { }
notation and indexers.  A rational means of overloading access and
assignment covers 90% of the legitimate uses of operator overloading I've
ever seen in C++...

I'm pretty torn up about losing the Java naming style conventions, though.
I want my classnames capitalized, members / methods lowercase...  I've been
reading a fair bit of C# code lately --- not writing any to date --- and
it's amazing what a minor little change like that can do to slow you
down...

jb